Our website waterlineboat.com uses a technology called cookie to obtain information about the use of the website, ensure its proper functioning and improve user experience.
Definition of cookie
A cookie is a small piece of text that websites send to your browser and is stored on your terminal (computer or mobile device). These files have the purpose of storing data, that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation. Thus, each time the user revisits the same website, the browser retrieves the file and sends it to the website’s server. Cookies have several functions, including collecting and remembering information about user preferences and, in general, facilitating the user’s use of the website by making it more useful by customizing its content.
Cookies can be classified according to different parameters:
- Ownership: own cookies and third-party cookies, depending on which entity manages the domain where the cookies are sent from and processes the data obtained.
- Duration: session cookies and persistent cookies, according to the length of time they remain stored in the user’s terminal.
- Purpose: technical cookies, personalisation cookies, analysis cookies, advertising cookies, behavioural advertising cookies, according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed.
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through the website or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it. For example, control data traffic and communication, identify the session or access restricted web parts.
- Personalization cookies: are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined in the terminal defined by the user. For example, the language, the type of browser through which you access the service or the selected content design.
- Analytical cookies: are those that, either processed by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. That’s why we analyse your navigation on our website to improve the range of products or services we offer.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the service requested based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which ads are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the service requested. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising based on this.
Cookies used on our website
Our website uses both our own cookies, which are those sent to your device and managed exclusively by us for the better functioning of the website, and third-party cookies, whose function is to serve us as a tool for analysing the interaction of users with our website. Thanks to them, we obtain information that can help us improve navigation and provide a better service to users.
Our website uses both temporary session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies store data only while the user is accessing the website, while persistent cookies store data in the terminal in order to access and use them in more than one session.
Specifically, the cookies that are used on our website are:
The cookies we use on our website are of a technical nature, fundamental to the functioning of the site.
__utmz, __ utmc, __utma, __utmb,__utmt, __ga, __gat
Google Inc. (Google Analytics)
Analytical: they analyse the use of the web.
Session and persistent
To obtain more information about cookies and/or to deactivate them, you can click on the links in the name of the different owners.
Finally, plug-in cookies are also used to exchange social content.
Withdrawal of consent
Changing cookie settings
The user can restrict, block or delete cookies from any website using his browser. The operation is different in each browser. You can see how to do it in the following links.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari (mac): https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Safari (iPhone/iPad): https://support.apple.com/es-es/HT201265
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- For more information about deleting, disabling or blocking cookies, you can also visit:
Update cookies policy